It is very important to learn how to remove nose hair naturally at home. Nose hair or nasal hair is a significant part of the human body’s natural Immune system since they trap toxins, dust, bacteria, and allergens when you breathe in through the nose. It is good to avoid plucking nose hair. You may use wax safely, trim using clippers or laser to remove nose hair permanently to get that good look but above all stay safe and healthy. Below are several ways to get rid of nose hair.
There are two types of nose hair: the very tiny hair-like cilia and the longer coarser hair that is visible and often protrude out of the nose. As much as nose hair prevents foreign particles from entering our body system, the visible protruding hair is considered unnecessary and bad grooming. They should be removed.
It is important to know how to safely remove Nose hair so that you do not damage the delicate, sensitive skin in the inner side of your nose.
According to Dr. Mehmet Oz in his magazine “Dr. Oz The Good Life”, The “triangle of death” — the triangle between your nose and mouth. If you go in there and pull that hair out, you get a little blood lost in there. Blood allows the bacteria in your nose to grow in there. Since veins in the facial area lack protective valves, the bacteria could theoretically enter your bloodstream and lead to infections elsewhere in the body. NEVER pluck nose hairs, Trim them.
- Here are some Simple Methods of How to Removing Nose Hair that You Can Try at Home
- How to Remove Ingrown Nose Hair and Treat it at Home
- Blackheads in the Nose, Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
Here are some Simple Methods of How to Removing Nose Hair that You Can Try at Home
When doing this at home, generally ensure that you are aware that the nose is very sensitive. You also don’t want to deal with ingrown hair in the nose. In whatever you do, do not pluck nasal hair, and in case of any accidents, seek immediate medical attention.
1. Nose Hair Trimmers
How to remove nose hair using Trimmers – This is the most commonly used method. The nose trimmers are designed to effectively trim away unnecessary nose hair. They have protective devices around the blades that are meant to prevent the user from pricking or bruising the skin on the inner side of the nose. Nose trimmers are operated using batteries, mains electricity or manually depending on the model of your preference.
- Stand in front of a mirror.
- If you are using an electric power-driven trimmer turn it on.
- Gently press the blades of the trimmer against the skin of your nose.
- The trimmer cuts the protruding hair at the surface of the skin.
- Keep doing this until you feel satisfied, but do not overdo it lest you hurt yourself.
2. Nose Hair Scissors
How to remove nose hair using nose hair scissors – It is a small pair of scissors with a rounded tip that is used to trim unwanted nasal hair. You use it gently in front of a mirror. Be very careful while using the Nose Hair Scissors. If you insert the pair of scissors too deep into the nasal cavity you can bruise the inner wall of your nose and hurt yourself.
- Stand in front of a mirror in a room with proper lighting or simply go do it outside the house with a handheld mirror.
- Grip the grooming scissors firmly.
- Pass your thumb through one hole and your middle finger through the other.
- Use your pointer finger to support the pair of scissors.
- Tilt your head backward.
- Trim off the long nose hair using the tips of the grooming scissors.
3. How to Remove Nose Hair using Waxing
NOTE: Most medical professionals and doctors advise that you should use other alternative methods since the nose is very sensitive on the inside.
- There is no way on earth you can put hot wax in the nose. Just make sure it is cool enough unless you want to deal with serious nasal complications. It’s all about beauty but ensure you do not hurt yourself.
This method is ideal for people who have a lot of nose hair because the results last longer as compared to other methods like trimming. However, Nose Hair Waxing is a very painful process and should not be done often.
DO not and NEVER use hot wax in the nose. You need to be very careful while using this method because it can be very dangerous if you do not do it the right way.
- Stand in front of a mirror
- Clean the inside of the nostrils with a soft clothe
- Put cool wax into your nostril using a Safe-tip for not less than 90 seconds and not more than 2 minutes.
- Once the wax settles swiftly jerk off the Saf -tip from the nose
- Nose hair will come off with the wax.
4. Nose Hair Cream
This is a special cream with natural organic ingredients that is safe to use inside the nose without irritating the skin. These types of cream may be safe to use on nose hair. It does not have a strong odor. It is ideal to buy it from a pharmacy so that you can consult if it is god for the nose hair.
- Apply the cream carefully on visible hair only by wrapping your finger or a q-tip in a warm. Use a pea-sized amount at most.
- Leave it on to soften the hairs for three or four minutes.
- Wipe off the cream with a dry washcloth. Be careful not to spread the cream around on the skin near the nose.
5. Permanent Nose Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a method used to permanently remove hair. It can be used by both men and women. It is a quick process that takes less than five minutes however it should only be done by a licensed professional who has plenty of experience in laser treatments.
The mucus membranes inside the nose are very sensitive. It is not a good idea to use laser inside the nose. However, hair in the nose surface can be comfortably removed using a laser.
The laser treatment uses light energy which is usually converted to heat energy via Photothermolysis technology. Once the follicle is damaged the hair falls off and can never grow back. The process is expensive.
How to Remove Ingrown Nose Hair and Treat it at Home
In the process of getting rid of nose hair, it might curve around and begin to grow into the skin. This kind of hair is referred to as ingrown nose hair. It causes irritation, pain, and itching in the nostril. These ingrown hairs usually heal on their own. It is advisable to help them heal faster in order to prevent infection. You can do this with the help of a hand towel, hot water, and triple antibiotic ointment. Observe the following simple steps in order to get rid of ingrown nose hair:
- Immerse a clean hand towel in the hottest water you can stand
- Wring it properly
- Place the warm and damp towel on the outside of the affected nostril.
- Leave it there until the towel gets cool.
- Repeat the whole process at intervals for about 20 minutes.
- Make the towel warm damp again and insert its corner into the nostril. Press it gently against the ingrown hair. Do not remove the towel until it cools off.
- Use the warm damp towel again to gently rub the ingrown hair in a circular motion to try and remove it.
- Apply triple antibiotic ointment to the nostril to prevent infection.
- You can repeat the above treatment three times a day in order to successfully remove the nasal hair.
Nose infections are commonly caused by a bacterium in the nose called Staphylococcus aureus. Signs and symptoms of nose infection include intense pain, severe swelling, or abnormal drainage from the affected nostril. You need to consult a doctor if you experience these symptoms.
Blackheads in the Nose, Causes, Prevention, and Treatment
Blackheads are a result of excessive sebum (natural skin oil) and dead skin cells clogging hair follicles or pores. The dark color of the blackhead is due to oxidation as well as the dust and dirt that stick to this mixture.
Prevention and what to do
The ideal way of preventing blackheads on nose is to keep excess oil off your face. Wash your face twice a day using a gentle oil-free facial cleanser. It’ better to use a facial cleanser that also works as a gentle exfoliator in order to get rid of dead skin cells while cleaning your face.
- This routine is very necessary, especially when you use makeup on a daily basis. Makeup residue may cause dry skin on the face.
- Always try to keep your hair away from your face, because your hair may have excess hair product chemicals and also collects germs and bacteria from your surroundings. In fact, you should wash your hair daily if possible.
Be very careful of what you use on your hair since most styling gels, mousses and pomades contain significant amounts of oil. During warm weather, these oils will mix with dirt and bacteria on your face and result in blackheads on your nose.
Treating and how to get rid of blackheads
First and foremost, what you should know about removing blackheads from the nose is that opening the pores sufficiently and extracting the darkened plugs is essential to a good skincare routine.
- It’s advisable to open the pores by either steaming your face over hot water in a bucket or by placing a hot towel to the area for 15 minutes. The sebum and oil plugs that show as blackheads on the nose will be able to dissolve and hence decrease unnecessary skin pressure during extraction.
- There are so many over the counter products in the market used to remove blackheads. You need to be very careful while selecting the product to use and how to use it because if you misuse it, it may do you more harm than good. You might subject yourself to prematurely aging skin.
Exfoliators with a combination of salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, and sulfur help in unclogging pores and removing blackheads in the process.
You can also unplug the pores using medicated pore strips for the nose, which are strips of cloths that are applied to your nose, and then removed.
If the blackheads persist you should visit a dermatologist for special treatment. The significance of the successful removal of blackheads is enhancing maximum absorption of facial creams, lotions, gels, and anti-aging serums in your skincare routine.