You love the color you have chosen for your hair! It’s bright and beautiful, and you want to keep it that way. Lately, though, you’ve noticed that your hair doesn’t keep its style. It’s a little dull and seems dried out. So, what do you do? You need a clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair, especially made to make your hair color last longer.
When you use styling products like gels, waxes, and sprays, they leave deposits on your hair that regular shampoos cannot remove. Add to that your naturally occurring oils, and environmental factors, such as chlorine, and you have serious build-up. This build-up causes hair to lose its shine, and it becomes harder to manage.
Clarifying shampoos have special ingredients to get rid of that nasty residue and make your hair shiny and healthy once more. Look for a clarifying shampoo that is labeled as clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair. If your line does not have such a specialty shampoo, look for a clarifier that has little or no sulfates.
The problem, though, with many clarifying shampoos is that they will fade that luscious color. Use them infrequently and continue to use your regular shampoo in between clarifying. Try using your clarifying shampoo once a week, or, if you notice too much fading, twice a month. It is essential to use a good conditioner after your clarifying shampoo to make sure your hair is ready to style. You’ll notice the difference, and your hair will be your crowning glory!
Here are a few highly-recommended brands of clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair:
- List of 9 Best Clarifying Shampoo For Color Treated Hair Reviews
- 1. Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo
- 2. Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three
- 3. Ted Gibson Affirmation Body Shampoo
- 4. Kenra Kenra clarifying shampoo
- 5. Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying Shampoo
- 6. Acure Curiously Clarifying Shampoo With Lemongrass & Argan
- 7. Paul Mitchell Neuro Shampoo
- 8. Tru Moroccan- Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- 9. Ion Color Defense Clarifying Shampoo
List of 9 Best Clarifying Shampoo For Color Treated Hair Reviews
1. Fekkai Apple Cider Shampoo
- This shampoo is one of the top consumer picks as clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair. If you know your high-end beauty products, you know about Frederick Fekkai. The French stylist opened his first U.S. salon in New York in 1989.
- The Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo is part of an entire line of Fekkai products that were created to restore your hair to its natural beauty (even if it’s not the natural color!).
- By using it, you are making sure you get the most out of your look! The company recommends using it as a weekend purifier and is perfectly safe for color-treated hair.
- The primary clarifying ingredient is sodium Laureth sulfate and especially effective on removing silicone-based residue. Other ingredients include apple cider vinegar (of course), rosemary, and verbena. It smells like apples, not vinegar, and gives your hair that “squeaky-clean” feeling.
- Frederick Fekkai Apple Cider Clarifying Shampoo is an excellent choice if your hair is naturally oily, too, because of the acid in the cider vinegar. Follow with the recommended conditioner, and then style your radiant hair. You will outshine even the brightest lights!!
2. Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three
- If the world of hairstyling has an empire, it would be Paul Mitchell. The name is synonymous with quality products, exclusive salons, and even cosmetology schools. Founded in 1980 by friends John Paul DeJoriaand Paul Mitchell, this company has won multiple awards and is still regarded as an industry leader and innovator. Known for superior ingredients at affordable prices, the Paul Mitchell line is a customer favorite.
- The latest clarifying shampoo from Paul Mitchell is Shampoo Three, and it is safe for your color-treated hair. If you expose your hair to chlorine, you will find this shampoo a miracle-worker. Like all clarifying shampoos, this one contains those special surfactants that break down the residue left from styling products.
- The special ingredient in Shampoo Three is cocamide MEA, a super-efficient cleaner-upper. Your shampooing experience will be invigorating because of the crisp, citrusy smell, and the rich lather. Though it is mild, do not over-use this or any other clarifying shampoo.
- You know that any chemical treatment, like coloring, straitening, and perming, weakens your hair. An additional benefit of Shampoo Three is that it is made to strengthen your hair, and strong, healthy hair is the absolute bomb!
3. Ted Gibson Affirmation Body Shampoo
- Now you can have something in common with Angelina Jolie and Zoe Sedona – Ted Gibson. This super-star stylist is an expert at making women look fabulous, and his line of products has become a sensational success. You may have seen him on What Not to Wear, creating beauties out of wallflowers. His philosophy is that “Hair changes everything.”
- Even though this product is labeled as a daily cleanse, it is an effective clarifier. The secret is Gibson’s trademark Wild Orchid Complex, which repairs and protects hair. It also helps prevent moisture loss, a key to keeping your color vibrant and shiny.
- The clarifying ingredients, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, and sodium Laureth sulfate are both gentle and effective. The real beauty in Ted Gibson Daily Cleanse Shampoo is the fragrance. The orchid is the dominant note, but the formula also contains other botanicals and silk, making for a fresh, long-lasting floral experience.
4. Kenra Kenra clarifying shampoo
- Clarifying shampoo ought to work efficiently to restore your hair’s natural radiance by eliminating the dulling residue that develops with time. The very best shampoo which you may get in this respect is Kenra Clarifying Shampoo.
- It exfoliates color-treated hair in addition to grey and white hair. It’s constructed from organic extracts of grapefruit and healthful amino acids which feel soft and gentle in your scalp and hair. It’s hypo-allergic too and this way it will not irritate your skin or scalp.
- And that isn’t all. It will help preserve the texture and appearance of healthy hair for people who frequently use hard water. Get this shampoo now and handle your color-treated hair greater.
5. Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying Shampoo
- In fact, there are dozens of clarifying shampoos accessible, and a number can be rather pricey. The Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying Shampoo has a minimal price but is highly effective for removing the accumulation and oils on your hair from repeated use of styling products.
- Additionally, this is the very best drugstore clarifying shampoo to get color-treated hair making it effortless to discover. Suave’s clarifying shampoo is sterile, has a refreshing scent, and leaves your hair shiny and clean without stripping it of its moisture.
6. Acure Curiously Clarifying Shampoo With Lemongrass & Argan
- This natural, sulfate and paraben-free shampoo provide your strands and scalp a severe deep clean, without leaving your hair to resemble straight-up straw.
- It is infused with argan oil to replenish moisture into your strands stripped off by organic clarifying ingredients, such as lemongrass and aloe vera leaf juice.
7. Paul Mitchell Neuro Shampoo
- If you could just bring 1 item to a desert island to shield your color-treated locks, Caroline proposes Paul Mitchell’s Neuro Shampoo. The color-safe formulation was designed to alleviate stressed-out strands, while it’s out of blow-outs or waxing.
- Along with cleansing your hair from grime, oil, and residue, it generates a great protective base for heat styling – that is additionally important when your hair is color-treated as it is more vulnerable to the possible harm and fading due to hot tools.
8. Tru Moroccan- Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- Of the clarifying shampoos on the current market, none eliminates dirt and dirt from the hair greater than Moroccan Oil Shampoo. It’s quite tender and making it secure to color-treated hair.
- It’s constructed from pure oils and herbs which pamper your hair when cleaning it. It cleans your own hair also and this keeps it from drying out.
- It’s been analyzed by the appropriate drug agencies and shown to be safe for human usage. These remarkable features make Moroccan Oil Shampoo the top clarifying shampoo to get color-treated hair.
9. Ion Color Defense Clarifying Shampoo
- Regular shampoos are proven to utilize sulfates, which are fantastic for removing oil and dirt in addition to producing the lather that we’ve come to expect in a shampoo.
- The disadvantage to this form of shampoo is, however, they can also damage hair, irritated scalp, and really make the hair to eliminate the capacity to retain moisture in addition to its naturally produced oils as time passes.
- Ion Color Defense Clarifying Shampoo is sulfate-free, allowing it to wash out the hair in a far safer manner whilst stripping away the build-up and leaving your color undamaged.
Should you be using a clarifying shampoo on your color-treated hair? Yes, you should, and it can be perfectly safe. Because you may not use these shampoos all that often, it’s okay to splurge on one of these luxury brands…it will last a long time.
You already invest in a beautiful color, so you really should take care of it with a good clarifying shampoo for color-treated hair. Besides, when you are good for your hair, it will be good for you. After all, you may not be a celebrity, but the gorgeous, healthy hair can make you can feel like one!